Hydration is majorly important when it comes to our day to lives. Our bodies need to stay fully hydrated for organs to function properly, keep our immune system strong, and fuel our busy lives with energy and mental clarity. We achieve this by drinking water. Our bodies are 90% water, and nearly all of our cellular functions require this amazing resource called H20.
This is especially true whenever we work out, do yoga, or participate in some activity that requires physical exertion. Whether you’re a professional athlete, a workout enthusiast, or someone with an active and busy life, you might need a little boost of hydration from time to time. We’ve all had our fair share of electrolyte-boosting sports drinks, looking for extra support for our bodies that fuels our workouts, keeps our bodies hydrated, and helps them function throughout or activities at maximum capacity.
However, you might have wondered at some point what ingredients the bright neon sports drink contains, and if it’s actually beneficial to your body in the way that it claims.
Chances are, it’s not.
Most sports drinks on the market contain a whole plethora of non-natural ingredients, and one of the most prominent on the list is actually causing more dehydration. That ingredient would be sodium. Gatorade contains twice as much sodium as pottasium, and this could not be more harmful to your body during periods of exhaustion and fatigue. Sodium does nothing to restore electrolytes and in such high amounts, causes dehydration.
Most popular sports drinks also contain a lovely blend of artificial coloring. One of the worst – Red 40 – has been linked to behavior disorders and hyperactivity in children, which means this is not something you want to serve your child for any reason, much less to help them stay hydrated.
In addition to high levels of sugar, artificial coloring, and small doses of electrolytes in highly unreliable amounts, major sports drink brands also contain additives like brominated vegetable oil (a stabilizer, also used to create lead disovling additives, fire-extinguishing substances, and fumigants used in agriculture), “natural flavors” that are actually created in a labratory, and a second artificial coloring agent called “caramel color” that has been linked to cancer.
With such a list of harmful and negative ingredients, it’s completely understandable if we’d prefer to opt out of giving this to our kids or using it as work-out hydration.
That’s why Shaklee decided to make a sports drink that does what it actually claims to do, with no bad stuff.
The Shaklee Performance line was created as a safe and proven method to maintain energy levels, maximum hydration and nutrition, and help your body recover after intense physical exertion. It was originally designed for the first human-powered flight across the Aegean sea, otherwise known as the Daedalus project. Pilot Frank Scarabino successfully complete the flight in a glider powered by his own energy, and the only product he took with him was Shaklee’s Performance.
Shaklee’s Endurance Electrolyte drink is the perfect solution for someone looking to hydrate their body and fuel it with the electrolytes and energy it needs during work-outs or high-energy sports performances. It’s also perfect to give your kiddos during a soccer match or when they’re outside playing to help their little bodies keep hydration levels up. Your perfect work-out beverage DOES exist!
Benefits of Shaklee Performance Endurance Electrolyte Drink
- We’ve rigorously tested all of our products to ensure they’re delivering the benefits they promise, and our Performance Endurance Electrolyte drink is no exception. It’s clinically proven to hydrate your body better than water before, during, and after working out or playing sports, and even works great as a simple boost to your system regardless of your activity level.
- Glucose is an important aspect of your body’s energy levels and the Performance Endurance drink has the perfect amount to help balance your blood’s glucose levels and keep stamina and energy at its best.
- Our proprietary OPTILYTE blend of 6 electrolytes are specially formulated to deliver instant and sustained energy, for a more active, fully functioning you.
- Also contains a special blend of three simple and complex carbohydrates – glucose polymer, fructose, and glucose.
- Performance Endurance Electrolyte Drink also helps speed recovery times and supports your system during times of intense physical exertion.
- Perfect for anyone who leads an active lifestyle, whether you’re a yogi, a competitive athlete, or make it to the gym a couple times a week.
- This formula is also great for your kiddos! You can have complete peace of mind knowing you’re providing your kids with a safe, effective drink that helps keep their little bodies hydrated throughout all activities.
- All-natural Lemon-Lime or Orange flavors are delicious and contain no artificial dyes that stain your mouth or leave residue.
- Easy-to-use and quick-to-mix – simply combine 2 scoops of powder for every 8 oz. of water, shake gently, and enjoy throughout your workout or any physical activity.
- No fat, cholesterol, or preservatives.
Fuel your workout naturally, with Shaklee’s Performance Endurance sports drink!
Endurance also goes great with Shaklee’s Physique, an after-workout protein shake designed to help your body recover quickly, and nourish and strengthen your muscles to keep you lean and energized.
Have Questions About Shaklee Performance Sports Nutrition?
Shaklee products are only sold through distributors. Click here to browse all Shaklee sports nutrition products, or contact us below to inquire further about the Shaklee sports nutrition. We are here to help!