Living a clean life is part of living a healthy life. And while it’s convenient to just swing by the grocery store and pick up some all-purpose household cleaner, you may be surprised by the number of toxins and hazardous chemicals you’d unsuspectingly be swiping across your counters, sinks, tubs, and floors. Eliminating environmental toxins is hugely helpful for you and your family’s overall health and will majorly benefit you in the long-run.
It seems there’s so many chemical ingredients surrounding us in our lives these days. From our lotions and our body wash to our candles and air fresheners, to our laundry detergents and dish soaps, to our household cleaners. We’re surrounded by them almost constantly, washing our dishes, bathing our kids, washing our hands, our clothes, and smearing our windows and walls with them. Studies have revealed that long-term exposure to these environmental toxins can wreak major havoc on our long-term health. From inhalation hazards to exposure through our skin, it’s dangerously easy to absorb these harsh ingredients into our bodies.
Especially since the majority of them fuel the cleaning power behind our household cleaners.
If you look closely at the labels on most readily available cleaning products, you’ll most likely notice the sentence “hazardous to humans and domestic animals.” It will be in very fine print, but it’s there. But what exactly is so dangerous about household cleaners? And what exactly is in them?
Common Household Toxins to Avoid
The average household contains about 62 toxic chemicals. These reside in everything from synthetic fragrances to tub scrubbers to oven cleaners. A few of the most widely-spread toxins are:
- Phthalates – Found in dish soap, air fresheners, even scented toilet paper, phthalates are generally found in anything that includes the word “fragrance” on the label. Phthalates are known to disrupt proper endocrine function. While most exposure occurs through inhalation, it can also happen through skin contact to scented soaps.
- Triclosan – Triclosan is an antibacterial agent that can actually promote the growth of drug-resistant bacteria. This is potentially dangerous, as our bodies can build up a resistance actual antibodies that we need. Much like phthalates, triclosan can also disrupt hormonal functions. It’s most commonly found in dish detergents and hand-washing soaps labeled as “antibacterial.”
- 2-Butoxyethanol – This hazardous ingredient is what gives a lot of window, kitchen, and multi-purpose cleaners their trademark sweet smell. It’s a glycol ether, a powerful solvent that can cause a sore throat when inhaled, and when exposure occurs at high levels, can contribute to pulmonary edema and severe liver and kidney damage. Not something you’ll want to continue cleaning your kitchen counters with.
Making sure your home is sparkly clean doesn’t have to include ingredients that are hazardous to your family and pet’s health and leave traces of their chemicals all over your house. If you’re looking for an eco-friendly and naturally-based all-purpose cleaner that’s tough on whatever stains, rust, gunk, or bathroom surfaces with minimal fumes and no toxic ingredients, Shaklee’s Scour Off Paste is the perfect answer.
Shaklee’s Scour Off Heavy Duty Cleaning Paste
Shaklee prides itself on always delivering natural, plant-based products that help enhance your health and well-being. This is no different with our all-natural all-purpose cleaner, made without hazardous chemicals, toxic fumes, chlorine, bleach, or dyes. Scour Off powers through and obliterates stains and buildup that other cleansers can’t, and can even remove rust. Use it to clean ANYTHING – tubs, sinks, ovens, tiles, and floors. Also great for cleaning surfaces like copper, grout, cement, ceramic, imitation marble. Gentle enough for use on walls with scuff marks, Shaklee’s Scour Off Paste provides a clean home AND peace of mind without smearing chemicals everywhere.
Benefits of Shaklee’s Scour Off Heavy Duty Cleaning Paste
- Made completely from natural ingredients, including naturally abrasive minerals and biodegradable cleaning agents.
- Dye- and fragrance free, meaning you get to skip smearing all those nasty and dangerous chemicals around your home’s surfaces.
- Does not contain bleach or chlorine.
- Extensive multi-purpose uses – use it to clean everything from your kitchen sinks, counters, ovens, and fridges, to your tubs, toilets, floors, grout, or tile.
- Powerful enough to remove rust, Shaklee’s Scour Off Paste is also gentle enough for use on surfaces like copper, imitation marble, scuffed walls, and ceramic.
- Removes all tough stains that other, more hazardous cleaners can’t. Easy to use – simply squirt some on the surface that needs cleaning, wait a few moments, and gently scrub with a sponge or a rag. Hardly any elbow grease needed.
- 9 oz. wide-mouth jar makes the Scour Off easy to access and use.
- Completely non-toxic and certified safe-to-use on most household surfaces.
- Natural mineral-based abrasives clean effectively, yet gently.
- Zero harsh chemicals
- All biodegradable surfactants – which means Scour Off is not only easy on your health, but also the earth.
- No phosphates.
Shaklee’s Scour Off Paste makes it easy to eliminate hazardous cleaning chemicals and limit unnecessary exposure to toxins found in most grocery store cleaning products. Completely natural, entirely safe to use, and highly effective when it comes to removing grime, gunk, stains, and other noxious buildup, Scour Off is also fragrance free and completely biodegradable.
With Shaklee, it’s easy to include earth-friendly and whole health-supporting products in your daily life. Try Shaklee’s Scour Off Cleaning Paste today and let us know what you think!
Have Questions About Shaklee Scour Off Paste?
Shaklee products are only sold through distributors. Click here to order, or contact us below to inquire further about the Shaklee cleaning products. We are here to help!