A healthy diet, the proper amount of rest and exercise, drinking enough water, and supplementing with essential vitamins and minerals our bodies don’t make on their own is the perfect way to kick-start a more wholesome way of living. We feel more energized, uplifted, mentally clear, and there’s nothing like knowing in the back of our minds that this is due in part to making better, greener, and less toxic choices for ourselves.
Having the options available to make these choices, however, can be an obstacle. Every aisle that we stroll down in the grocery store, we are bombarded with processed products that claim to be nourishing, effective, or safe. From the food we eat to the beverages we drink to the household cleaners we use, chemicals, preservatives, additives, and dyes can hide under sneaky label names and often are hard hard to pinpoint or define.
This can especially be the case with most brands of readily-available laundry detergent. Have you ever paused to read the list of ingredients?
Our skin is one of the greatest barriers that protects our internal organs and bones from harm, but it’s also our largest organ in and of itself. It has to potential to absorb certain substances, and long-term exposure to harmful toxins or chemicals can lead to first external, and then internal irritation and further health issues down the road.
This is why it’s important to make sure you’re not saturating your clothes in toxic dyes, fragrances, and poisons every few days. And unfortunately, most brand name laundry detergents, dryer sheets, and stain removers feature ingredient lists high in that category.
And it’s a health problem not only for our bodies, but also for our environment and public health. The chemicals contained in laundry products don’t just leave without a trace – they make it into our air, and disappear down our drains into our public water systems.
Toxic Laundry Product Ingredients
- Fragrance – this is a major ingredient of most laundry-related products. Those amazing scents and smells? Toxic chemicals.
- Stabilizers – this is an ingredient that helps the product have a longer-lasting shelf-life. These are usually listed as polyalkylene oxide or ethylene oxide, and have been linked to dermatitis, and eye or lung irritation.
- Bleach – another common cleaning product ingredient with powerful fumes that have been linked to irritation of the eyes and lungs, and when combined with wastewater, it can form a toxic compound that causes liver and kidney damage.
- Phosphates/EDTA – these are compounds used to make laundry detergent more effective with hard water and prevent dirt from seeping back into your clothes, but they don’t do a whole lot for our health or our environment. They’re associated with algae blooms and other environmental damage. These types of chemical don’t biodegrade, and so they stick around for a long time, leaching into our water and contributing to a lot of health issues.
Shaklee’s Laundry Products Line
Shaklee recognizes that whole health starts at home. We can include supplements and plants in our diets, get enough sleep and exercise, and still overlook the importance of keeping our household products non-toxic and safe as well.
That’s why we created Shaklee’s Get Clean Laundry products, which include the Fresh Laundry (detergent) and Nature Bright (stain remover), fabric softener, dryer sheets and more. We recognize that it’s important to keep your clothing and home clean safely and naturally.
Shaklee Get Clean Fresh Laundry Detergent
Shaklee’s Get Clean Fresh laundry detergent is the perfect solution to washing your clothes naturally, without harmful or toxic chemicals. Our special blend of sustainable and naturally-sourced surfactants and ingredients treats your body just as gently as it treats your clothes, while still being tough on stains. Fresh laundry is also completely non-toxic and hypoallergenic. Say goodbye to harmful substances in your laundry that pose a hazard to your health and the environment.
- Shaklee’s Get Clean Fresh laundry detergent is made of enzymes derived naturally from corn and other plants instead of laboratory chemicals,, making it sustainable and better for the environment as well as you.
- Highly concentrated formula means you use less with every load of laundry, and it’s still more effective in removing stains and dirt than most leading laundry detergent brands.
- Highly concentrated also means a smaller bottle that’s easier to carry and store – no more lugging around giant cartons or bottles!
- Contains no phosphates or chlorine.
- In addition to being a highly effective naturally-based laundry detergent, Get Clean Fresh laundry detergent also functions as a spot-cleaner for removing stains. When compared with OxiClean, Fresh was found to remove spots and stains 46% better.
- Compatible with HE (high efficiency) washers. HE washers use less water than the standard models and Shaklee’s Fresh detergent provides the perfect amount of sudsing.
- Fresh laundry detergent is also compatible with standard washer models.
- Available in Regular Scented or Fragrance free.
- Hypoallergenic and completely non-toxic.
- Fragrance free option is perfect for anyone with sensitive skin
- Contains no bleach, dyes, chemicals, or fake fragrances.
Shaklee Get Clean Fresh Laundry Concentrate
For those who prefer a slightly more concentrated, powder form of laundry detergent, Shaklee created Get Clean Fresh Laundry Concentrate. Twice as powerful as the Get Clean Laundry detergent, our concentrate powder packs a punch and knocks out grime and stains completely naturally.
Benefits of Using Get Clean Fresh Laundry Concentrate:
- Highly concentrated, so you need less to still maintain fresh, clean clothing.
- Naturally-based enzyme formula keeps clothes fresh and clean longer, all while being gentle on you, your clothes, and the planet thanks to sustainably-sourced ingredients.
- Easy-to-use! Simply dissolve the recommended amount in warm water and add like you would any other detergent.
- Directions provide different recommended amounts, depending on load size and washer type, meaning you can mix exactly what you need, which means less waste.
- Completely biodegradable, which means less icky stuff ends up contaminating the planet.
- Super-concentrated formula mixes easily with water and allows you to use less to keep your clothes fresh and clean.
- Hypoallergenic means no irritating scents or compounds.
- Contains absolutely no phosphates and no chlorine, so it’s as gentle on your clothes and your body as it is on the environment.
Shaklee Nature Bright Laundry Booster and Stain Remover
Life can get messy. And this can mean stubborn stains that just won’t budge. Whether it’s grass, tomato sauce from last night’s dinner, or any number of other hard-to-remove substances that come from a full and busy life, stains can dig into the fibers of our clothes and refuse to leave. Shaklee knows that you’d prefer to reach for a stain remover that’s naturally-based and eco-friendly instead of one full of chemicals, fragrances, and other man-made compounds that are hard on you and your environment. That’s why we created a stain remover that’s just as natural and gentle on your clothes as our other laundry products – but with an extra boost of power for removing those obnoxious and stubborn stains.
Nature Bright Laundry Booster and Stain Remover is much like Shaklee’s laundry concentrate, but with an extra boost of natural cleaning power for removing those tough stains. Simply dissolve the recommended amount of powder for your load size in warm water and use.
As with all laundry detergents, you’ll want to perform a colorfastness test before using on fabrics like nylon, acetate, washable wool, or silk to avoid potential bleeding or fading. Nature Bright Laundry Booster and Stain Remover powder should never come in contact with fabrics before being dissolved in water as an added precaution.
Benefits of Using Nature Bright:
- Easy-to-use powder formula dissolves in hot water and can be mixed exactly to your amount needs, which minimizes waste.
- Natural enzyme-based powder helps brighten whites and colors and removes tough stains in a gentle, eco-friendly way that’s also hypoallergenic for you!
- Super-concentrated formula means Nature Bright lasts longer on your shelf and washes more loads.
- Made completely without chlorine, harsh chemicals, or man-made fragrances.
- Contains active oxygen, which is released when combined with water to penetrate deep into the fibers of your clothes to remove set-in stains.
- Can also be mixed and used to spot-clean upholstery directly on the stain itself.
- Use as a soak to remove extra stubborn stains before washing!
- Gentle on the earth and your body, tough on stains.
Get Clean Soft Fabric Dryer Sheets
Adhering to a greener lifestyle doesn’t mean you have to forgo the dryer sheets and embrace the notorious static cling! Shaklee’s Soft Fabric Dryer Sheets are perfect for achieving billowy soft loads of laundry that are static-free. They’re biodegradable and plant-based, making them good for the environment as well as good for your laundry.
Benefits of Using Get Clean Soft Fabric Dryer Sheets:
- All-natural veggie-based and biodegradable formula softens your clothes and prevents static cling like no other dryer sheets!
- Sheets are perforated down the middle, allowing you to tear in half and separate in the dryer to avoid blocking a dryer vent and allow even dispersal in the dryer.
- Totally recyclable! Once your clothes are dry, remove dryer sheets and toss in your recycling bin.
- Two sheets for a large load is recommended.
Get Clean Soft Fabric Concentrate
If all-natural dryer sheets aren’t your thing, Shaklee has a liquid laundry concentrate that you’ll love! Proven to soften loads 66% more than standard concentrated laundry softeners, Shaklee’s Get Clean Soft Fabric Concentrate gently and naturally makes clothes feel silky soft and smell fresh and clean.
Benefits of Using Get Clean Soft Fabric Laundry Concentrate:
- Standard washer or HE washer compatible.
- Features more softening power per load than standard concentrated laundry softeners, meaning better efficiency and lower cost per load.
- Super concentrated 32 oz. bottle softens 64 loads. The smaller bottle also means it’s easier to carry and store – no more lugging giant containers around.
- Softens and reduces wrinkles, which means less ironing, and reduces static clean for a completely huggable and remarkably soft feeling.
- Nontoxic and all-natural formula is hypoallergenic and contains no phosphates, chemicals, or fragrances.
- Dilutes easily in warm water just prior to adding to the wash cycle on your washer, and can be mixed according to your exact load size needs, meaning less waste and more product stays on your shelf.
Start Your Eco-Friendly & Non-Toxic Laundry Journey
Shaklee’s complete laundry product line is the perfect eco-friendly and gentle way to keep your clothes fresh, clean, and stain-free. Never made with any chemicals, fake fragrances, or other man-made additives, all products are plant-based and gentle on your skin as well as the environment. Concentrated formulas also mean better cost and amount per load efficiencies, making them a smarter choice not only for your lifestyle but also your wallet.
It’s possible to go green and stay clean. You can purchase Shaklee’s Get Clean laundry detergent and other laundry products from our Kern Wellness Shaklee distributorship, or contact us below with any questions on the products. We’re here to help!