Why Use Coconut Oil In ALL Of Your Rooms?
Okay so I was inspired to write about coconut oil because well…. it’s a pretty amazing thing. I love multi-purpose products and coconut is one of the best for this. The other reason I was inspired was because I was naive and let my toddler bring home some slime and as I guess it goes, it ended up in her hair which left me a bit daunted. A friend recommended using an oil to try and get it out and the first thing I ran to was coconut oil. Actually, all truth be told, I didn’t really run to it and instead I was too busy to give my toddler a bath at 11 AM, so instead waited a few hours before getting it.
I rubbed some of the oil in her wet hair and gently massaged the slime out of her hair. It was a bit tedious but it came right out and it is also a great moisturizer. Normally she doesn’t let me even shampoo her hair, let alone condition it so I’m taking this as a double win.
Enough of that little anecdote, here are some of my favorite uses for coconut oil in every room of your house. If I forgot a room, just let me know. I’ll think of a great one for that room too. Also, I am not going to start with the kitchen because you likely know the typical uses of that. Instead I want to start somewhere more exciting, like the bedroom.
****Section Below Currently Being Built With The Input of Some Fine Ladies (Maybe also some fine men too). Have a unique use of coconut oil to share? Speak up in the comments section!
Coconut Oil In The Bedroom
- Okay so duh, it’s a great lubricant. Let’s just get that out right away because I know you were likely think of this. You dirty bird…
- Have some nice wooden furniture in your room. Give it a good polish with some coconut oil.
Coconut Oil In the Bathroom
- Take out slime or other strange substances your child has gotten stuck in their hair. Just rub it in during a warm bath. Massage it out gently of the strands.
- Boost the shine on your nails and bring moisture back. If you are a gardening mom like me who likes to get her feet in the dirt, you likely haven’t had a pedicure in a while and could really use this love.
Coconut Oil In the Babies Room
- If your baby has ever had a diaper rash, put coconut oil on that bum! Such a great, gentle anti-microbial that is also moisturizing. If your kid has a coconut allergy or you are worried about that… then don’t do this.
Coconut Oil for the Laundry Room
- Coconut oil laundry detergent. Here is a great recipe for this. Who would have thought putting an oil on your clothes is actually not a bad idea?
- I don’t think I have ever done this, but if you wanted to give your laundry washer and drier a nice sheen or remove any water stains then on the outside give it a nice little buffing with coconut oil.
Coconut Oil for the Living Room
- Do you have hardware floors? Coconut oil is a great wood polisher so would be great on your hardwood floors. I know some types of finishes on floors don’t take coconut oil so well so do your due diligence and GOOGLE that.
Coconut Oil for the Kitchen
- I won’t bore you with a long list of cooking uses. Here I try to give you some new ideas!
- Give all of your stainless steal appliances a good shine by buffing with a little coconut oil. It works like a dream. A kitchen dream.
- Give life to your cutting board. After you wash your board well, maybe even use some vinegar, rub coconut oil into the grain of your wooden cutting board.
Next Up.. Alternative Ideas For Toddler Bath Toys