Healthy Mouth, Healthy Body
How Does it Happen?
Your mouth does not just communicate with other people, it also communicates with the rest of your body. If your oral health is bad, chances are you will start to see the rest of your body decline as well. When you are feeling ill, often times the mouth is the first place that doctors and alternative health care providers will look to help identify problems in other areas of your body.
Research continues in the area of oral health, and how important it is to have a very healthy mouth. This is why you should brush, floss, have regular dental checkups, prevent cavities and gum disease, and have a healthy diet.
Latest Oral Health and Body Findings
According to the American Academy for Oral Systemic Health, here are 10 examples of the way our bodies health is impacted by what is going on in those fresh mouths of ours.
- Bacteria that is found in your mouth travels to other parts of your body via your bloodstream.
- Harmful bacteria that can live in your mouth can cause heart disease, high blood pressure, and stroke
- If we develop gum disease or experience tooth loss, you are increasing our risk of Alzheimer’s disease
- People with gum disease are twice as likely to die from heart disease & three times more likely to die from stroke
- Research has found an association between gum disease and rheumatoid arthritis
- Diabetes and bleeding gums increase your risk of premature death by 400-700%
- 93% of people with gum disease are at risk for diabetes
- Pregnant women with gum disease have only a 1 in 7 chance of giving birth to a healthy child
- Cavities are caused by a germ that spreads while kissing & sharing food
- The Surgeon General reports that at least 80% of American adults have gum disease
You can avoid decay and periodontal disease – take care of your oral health with a healthy diet and nutritional supplements!
We know you want that nice health mouth and beautiful smile. We can help you repair your oral health and in turn, your body through proper nutrition. In addition to making sure your body is getting the supplements it needs, you also want to keep up with your regular dental appointments and brushing.
You may also want to discuss with your dentist the removal of your metal amalgam fillings. These heavy metals that are commonly used in fillings can leach toxins into our bodies.
Nutritional Supplements for the Support of a Variety of Oral Health Concerns
There are certain Shaklee supplements that can support dental health. The following recommendations provide some ways to help you be more proactive in taking care of all the activity that occurs in your mouth. These supplements are essential to creating a better environment for our entire body.
The fundamental nutritional support for you and better oral health is the use of a basic multi-vitamin like Vita-Lea.
Bleeding Gums & Periodontal Disease
Canker Sores and Bad Breath
Cold Sores (Herpes virus) & Fever Blisters
Contact Us to Improve Your Health
Please use the contact form below. We pride ourselves on responding quickly. We know your health is a priority right now. Let us know as many details as you’d like about your aspirations for better health.