Over 60 million Americans today are suffering from allergies. That is more than 20% of the total population. These numbers are continuing to grow and more people are discovering they are allergic to more things than we have been in the past.
Many people know of the common symptoms of allergies as rashes, hives, swelling, diarrhea, congestion, sneezing, watery eyes, headaches, but there are also many hidden reactions. Alternative allergic reactions can show up as brain fog, behavioral issues, hyperactivity, bowel complaints, arthritis or anxiety.
People often wonder what external substance is causing their allergic reaction and often overlook the role our immune systems play. When we look inward, we can start to better understand and support our bodies in processing allergies more effectively.
In this post I share the following with you:
- Immune System and Allergies
- Environmental Allergens
- Natural Remedies For Allergies
- Supplement Support For Allergies
Immune System and Allergies
Your allergies are making you feel lousy because your immune system is in over drive kicking out the antigens (aka foreign molecules) from your body. This is why, a strong immune system is critical to lessen allergic reaction.
The initial reaction to something the body identifies as foreign is inflammation. You can become inflamed both internally and externally from allergies. In some cases, the immune system identifies a foreign substance wrongly as something dangerous and overreacts. This immune response in this case can create more damage than the original invader.
For those who are prone to allergies, they are this way because their bodies are producing an overabundance of complex proteins known as antibodies which trigger special cells to release chemicals like histamines. Histamines cause your blood vessels to enlarge and increase blood flow to the infected area. This is our bodies attempt to neutralize the antigen and in effect create inflammation and an allergic reaction. This can cause swelling to the site which stimulates the pain receptors to increase pressure on tissues and can cause decreased movement. It is a way of our body telling us, hey, slow down we are working on something here.
Humans can have an allergic reaction to literally anything that we come into contact with. This can be what we eat, what we breath in, what comes into contact with our skin. What the medical community is discovering is that people can react to chemicals like pesticides and additives that are on a food rather than the food itself.
Everyone does not have an allergic reaction to environmental toxins themselves, but exposure to them creates a massive amount of stress on our bodies and weakens our immune systems ability to respond.
Environmental stress and adrenal exhaustion is all around us in todays world.
Hidden allergies and sensitivities can be found in smog, pollution, mold, pesticides, toxic household cleaning products as well as personal care products. The contents of these toxic products can aggravate a stressed body.
Natural Remedies For Allergies
What Can Help Our Immune System For Allergies?
- Just with every health issue you may be addressing, an alkaline diet is key to reducing dis-ease. Focusing on fresh, organic and pesticide free produce will help support, feed and build a stronger immune system. Our bodies use up a lot of energy and nutrients trying to keep our bodies healthy. We need to be sure to replenish it to keep a happy and healthy internal environment.
- Maintain a healthy balance of gut flora with pre and probiotic foods (Also limiting sugar, caffeine and alcohol)
- Try to go 3-4 weeks without diary and see if you notice any relief.
- To help eliminate indoor irritants, switch to safe, non-toxic cleaners and laundry products that do not emit toxic fumes or leave toxic residues.
- With little regulation on ingredients and listing contents on personal care products be sure to find a company you can trust. I choose to go with the YOUTH line by Shaklee as it’s free of over 2,500 harmful ingredients commonplace in personal care products.
Supplemental Support for Allergies
- Alfalfa is one of the world’s richest mineral source. With roots that can reach a depth as great as 130 feet, it pulls up the mineral riches of the earth. For centuries, civilizations have been utilizing this ancient herb. The high chlorophyll content of alfalfa helps our body build red blood cells, and is a powerful antioxidant. Be sure to look for a supplement that is organic and free of harmful additives and toxins. Shaklee’s Alfalfa is screened for over 350 contaminants, pesticides, and impurities.
- NutriFeron is an exclusive, patented formula, which provides a proprietary blend of four plant extracts designed to naturally increase levels of interferon and provide immune support at the cellular level. NutriFeron is the only dietary supplement in the U.S. created by the discoverer of interferon, world-renowned immunologist, Dr. Yashuhiko Kojima, designed to naturally increase the production of interferon in the body.
- Strengthen the immune system in the gut with a probiotic like Optiflora.
- Sustained Release Vitamin C is important for immune system health.
Shop Shaklee Allergy Support Products By Clicking Below
*This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Always have any concerns thoroughly checked by your health care provider.